Sunday, 8 September 2013

Evo Stik round-up Scarborough Athletic's stuttering start continues

Gary Bradshaw
By James Grayson (Twitter: @jamesAgrayson)
Scarborough Athletic’s stuttering start to the Evo Stik Division One South continued as Rudy Funk’s side lost 4-2 at Romulas.
Gary Bradshaw scored his fifth goal of the season to ensure Scarborough went in at half-time level at 1-1. But, Marcus Brown (2) and Tyrone Amory put Romulas in a commanding position and a consolation goal from Paul Foot made the score a little more respectable for Scarborough.
Scarborough have now gone three league games without a win ahead of Tuesday night’s home game with Sheffield FC.
Goole drew 1-1 at Kidsgrove Athletic – Brice Tiani the scorer.
In the Division One North, Farsley AFC came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in a bad-tempered affair with Cammell Laird at Throstle Nest.
Goals in both halves from Craig Caims and Danny Woods gave Tony Sulivan’s Laird’s a comfortable lead.
Lee Ellington scored his first goal since returning to Farsley in the summer to give Neil Parsley and his team hope before Aiden Savory equalised.
Ossett Town also retrieved a two-goal deficit in their 3-3 stalemate with Burscough.
Danny Forrest, Ossett’s new signing from Bradford Park Avenue, made his debut in a game that saw Steven Jeff score from the penalty spot to give Ossett the lead after five minutes.
Jordan Williams levelled for Burscough before Mark Beesley put the visitors in front just after the break.
Beesley scored again to increase the lead.
Steven Jeff
Ossett lost striker Jimmy Eyles at half-time to a facial injury, but his replacement Fernando Moke and fellow substitute Chris Wood were involved in Ossett’s second goal. Moke found Luke Sharry who crossed for former Frickley Athletic striker Wood to head home.
And Jeff was on the score-sheet again with another penalty with five minutes to go to earn Ossett a point.
Richard Tracey’s Ossett Albion remain without a league win as they went down 2-0 at Warrington Town.
Wakefield FC were soundly beaten 5-0 at Kendal Town.
In the Premier Division, Frickley Athletic lost 3-2 at Skelmerdale United, despite Gavin Allott’s double strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment