Saturday 14 September 2013

Steve Kittrick's sacking - Ossett Town boss Craig Elliott's reaction

By James Grayson (Twitter: @jamesAgrayson)
Ossett Town manager Craig Elliott expects axed Guiseley boss Steve Kittrick to return to football at a high level.
Kittrick was given the sack by the Conference North club on Wednesday after almost six years in charge at Nethermoor.
Elliott, who played under Kittrick at Glasshoughton Welfare during the 1990s, has praised him for his achievements at Guiseley.
“I think Steve has done a good job at Guiseley and it is sad when it ends at any club when you have done well,” he said.
“I know he feels bitter, but he can hold his head up high as he has done a great job there. I think he is on record saying that he is disappointed because with the timing of it and asking why didn’t they do it in pre-season.
Craig Elliott
“Obviously he is not the first and won’t be the last manager to leave under those circumstances.
“I played under Steve when he was the Glasshoughton manager and I’ve had contact with him while I’ve been a manager. I sent him a quick text this week to offer my support to him.
“But, I’m sure, because his record speaks for itself, he’ll get a top job when one becomes available.”
The likes of former Hyde FC manager Gary Lowe have been linked with the job, which is currently under the caretaker control of Mark Bower. Elliott expects a high profile figure to be appointed.
“I think it will be a big name, a Football League manager or maybe a player coming out of the league,” he said.
“The budget and ambition will dictate that, but I can see a big name (getting the job).
“I don’t know the ‘in’s and out’s’ but I’ve been told that the budget is not the same as last year’s. However, I’m sure it is still a competitive budget for that level of football and I think someone established will get the job.”

No comments:

Post a Comment