Saturday, 27 April 2013

Warrington Town earn deserved Evo Stik Division One North victory at Farsley AFC

Farsley AFC 0-3 Warrington Town
By James Grayson (Twitter: @jamesAgrayson)
Match Photos are HERE
Three goals in the final 20 minutes gave Warrington Town victory at Farsley AFC in the Evo Stik Division One North.
Two teams, who both had title aspirations at the start of the season, played out a dreadful match, but Warrington showed more desire and deserved the three points.
Farsley failed to create any meaningful chances, but stayed in the game until Ashley Ruane scored and then Ciaran Kilheeney bagged a brace.
The season ended weeks ago for both sides and in the first half Warrington, managed by Shaun Reid (pictured below) defended well and Farsley couldn’t break through. Gareth Grant went the closest with a weak close range shot.
The second half did liven up with Chris Walton blasting over a chance for Farsley. Former Droylsden striker Kilheeney then headed wide.
But, Reid’s decision to bring on Ruane proved the turning point. Within 12 minutes of the substitution, David Mannix’s cross found Ruane and the striker fired the ball into the back of the net.
Warrington soon scored their second goal. Ruane turned provider by playing Kilheeney through on goal and after teasing Farsley goalkeeper Ben Higginson, the striker put the ball into the net.
For a few weeks, Farsley have been out of luck. A lack of confidence, goals, combined with injuries have dogged them and that was summed when captain Robbie O’Brien was sent off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity for his challenge Chris Bandell.
And playing against ten men, Warrington inflicted more damage in the final minute. Kilheeney rounded Higginson and made the score 3-0.
The season’s end cannot come quick enough for Farsley who have endured a dreadful campaign – partly because of other factors beyond their control. But, the last few performances will have influenced manager Neil Parsley on the matter of who stays and who goes. He has been heavily let down.
Farsley AFC: Higginson, O’Brien, Serrant, Walton (Tiani 52), Jackson, Etherington, Priestley, Bambrook, Robinson (Dugdale 78), Grant, Harrison. Subs unused: Morgan, Tonkinson.
Warrington Town: Dibble, Coulter, Doran, Dogan, McCarten, Mooney (West 61), Newby (Bandell 81), Mannix, Kilheeney, Dawson, Fowler (Ruane 61). Subs unused: Glass, Biddy.  
Referee: Mr T Bramall
Attendance: 127

No comments:

Post a Comment